It’s so easy to conceive of cool programs or books that would be super educational and inspiring to people.
So you work hard on getting these done. Maybe you hire a writer, an editor and a graphics specialist.
It might take you a year to complete but you feel great. It looks beautiful and you feel so accomplished.
However the dark cloud comes when no one seems to buy. You proudly post it on your website, on Facebook and in emails and get no response.
Why and what went wrong.
You put the cart in front of the horse. I did the exact same thing once. I created two beautiful books and assumed they would sell.
At that point I realized I needed to learn about the business part of my venture!
I learned the hard way but the next time was different. When I published my newest book, I sold hundreds of them in the first few weeks.
Here is what I learned and I’m so happy to share this with you so you can avoid the same mistakes.
1. Understand that there’s a system to making a business work. There are actual steps, that when you follow them there is a predictable outcome.
2. Begin with your business vision and plan for clarity on where you need to focus and how. You can see the process from getting from point A to point B and you make decisions from that place. Otherwise it’s a stab, in the dark and although you might create a lovely product, it might not connect with your plan.
3. Develop a detailed marketing plan. This includes your core marketing message and marketing goals.
4. Conceive a product that your niche clients want! Once you know who they are it is easier to develop products based on the benefits they seek.
5. Develop the marketing products first. Decide what marketing strategies need to happen in order to create followers.
6. Action your marketing strategies and stay on track!
7. While that’s all working- begin to create your product.
Is this a lot of work? Yes. But if you’ve been doing this list backwards that’s going to be even more work in the end.
Leap Forward Program is one solution to get things aligned.
Does this list make sense to you? Do you have any questions? Just ask away below in the comment section and I will do my best to respond.