Marketing: to help you connect with the people who want your help!
When you think of marketing, your mind probably goes to things like networking groups, elevator speeches and websites.
Most business owners are desperate to get more clients so they rush around trying this and that, and their efforts generally produce little or no results. It can be frustrating to put out a lot of energy and money with such poor results.
You want to do whatever you can to get more clients, yet it can sometimes feel like throwing darts at a moving board. Like every part of your business, it is important to have a clear plan based on logic.
Although reasons for starting a business vary, when it comes right down to it, most people want the same things: to be successful, to help people, to make money, and to have lifestyle freedom.
Many people make decisions based on business thinking errors. Thinking errors are things that may sound logical, but are actually mistaken logic.
Common marketing thinking errors for new business ownersinclude:
1. I am offering a great service so people will just find me.
2. I’ll put an ad in the paper and I will get swarms of calls.
3. If I make the price low enough people will see a good deal.
4. I’ll give out my business cards and I’ll get calls.
5. Once I hang out my shingle it will just happen.
1. People won’t just find you. You have to make yourself seen.
2. While there are exceptions, building relationships is the key to bringing in customers. Newspaper ads will work for only certain types of businesses.
3. Lower prices only work if you are like Wal-Mart and low price is part of your mission. In general, once people trust you, they won’t compare prices.
4. Business cards can help when you collect other people’s cards and then contact them. But you need to have a clear focus of what to say when you call.
5. Hanging out the shingle and just waiting is like waiting for the Grim Reaper. You have to market your business.
One reason small businesses struggle financially is due to having a poorly developed or non-existent marketing plan. A good plan will involve clear steps related to building a marketing system based on your unique business.
If you are a solo-business owner who helps people with your service, your business success partly depends on positioning yourself as an expert in your field. People need to feel confident about your skill and your ability. They need to feel that you understand them and what they want.
Download my 7-step marketing circle. You can have it in just moments and it will help you to understand the logical process.
It begins with understanding your niche market. You have to know who you are marketing to. Your entire plan needs to be built on this person or group. Each step is built on the next and you will see your business grow and flourish very quickly one step at a time.
Join with a group of entrepreneurs to develop your plan for your unique business. Learn more about Awaken Your Money Stream, Build Your Niche Market Seminar. and watch your money stream turn into an abundant flowing river.
Would you like me to inform you of any marketing programs, free tele-classes or other support? I promise to not add you to any other list or to send you anything but an occasional email letting you know about my marketing help.